converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|#acl AdminGroup:read,write,revert All:read|
Below is the text of the mail describing the Steering committee, this text was approved unanimously:
We create a committee with one representative per repo (I know not all repo's are equal in size, but lets ignore that). This committee will solve / decide on various issues if / when they are raised. I would like to suggest the following representatives:
* Notice that I'm not the Dribble project lead, Ian is, but since Dribble is rather small I think its best to have a representative who is active outside Dribble and FE (livna) too, Ian is ok with this.
** Notice that Thorsten is not the Livna project lead, but he is one of the driving persons behind it in the past months and Anvil (the Livna initiator) agreed that Thorsten should represent Livna in this effort
Decision making is done as followes:
- some issue is raised on the list
- its discussed on the list
- if there is consensus the committee can make an official decision by email votes send to the other 3 members
- if there is no consensus the committee will first have some internal discussion (email or irc) and then vote
- Once a decision has been made it will be put on the wiki and send to the list, this will not only include the decision, but also the motivation why this was decided.
Legal issues require unanimous decisions of the committee. Each project contributer will have to decide for himself what this means for him personal (iow anyone is free to walk away at any moment, although that is the last thing that we want).
For issues in the legal gray area where for example a resolution can only be found at court, the legal liability can be passed to someone vouching for this resuming full legal responsibility.
When other repositories later want to join rpmfusion, they can elect a representative to represent them in the decision making committee too.
Which infrastructure to use
- Matthias' / freshrpms infra will be used as master repository and also as primary building infra
- PIX / livna's infra will be used as a mirror
What todo about libdvdcss
Opinions between the members of rpmfusion differ on the legality of libdvdcss, however no one is ready to vouch for it resuming the legal responsibilities. Therefore libdvdcss is being dropped. See also the comments on legal issues above.