Branched fedora 19
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
| * [[http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-17.noarch.rpm|RPM Fusion free for Fedora 17]]
* [[http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-18.noarch.rpm|RPM Fusion free for Fedora 18]]
* [[http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-branched.noarch.rpm|RPM Fusion free for Fedora Branched and what will become Fedora 19]]
* [[http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-rawhide.noarch.rpm|RPM Fusion free for Fedora Rawhide and what will become Fedora 20]]
| * [[http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-19.noarch.rpm|RPM Fusion free for Fedora 19]]
* [[http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-20.noarch.rpm|RPM Fusion free for Fedora 20]]
* [[http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-rawhide.noarch.rpm|RPM Fusion free for Fedora Rawhide]]
|Line 25:||Line 24:|
|* [[http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-17.noarch.rpm|RPM Fusion nonfree for Fedora 17]]|
|Line 27:||Line 25:|
| * [[http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-branched.noarch.rpm|RPM Fusion nonfree for Fedora Branched and what will become Fedora 19]]
* [[http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-rawhide.noarch.rpm|RPM Fusion nonfree for Fedora Rawhide and what will become Fedora 20]]
| * [[http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-19.noarch.rpm|RPM Fusion nonfree for Fedora 19]]
* [[http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-20.noarch.rpm|RPM Fusion nonfree for Fedora 20]]
* [[http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-rawhide.noarch.rpm|RPM Fusion nonfree for Fedora Rawhide]]
Installing Free and Nonfree Repositories
We have two separate software repositories:
free for Open Source Software (as defined by the Fedora Licensing Guidelines) which the Fedora project cannot ship due to other reasons
nonfree for redistributable software that is not Open Source Software (as defined by the Fedora Licensing Guidelines); this includes software with publicly available source-code that has "no commercial use"-like restrictions
Installation can be done either using a web browser, or via the command line.
Graphical Setup via Firefox web browser
First enable access to the free repository. For users of gpk (gnome package kit) or kpackagekit in Fedora that is easy and basically only one step: just click on one of the following files, depending on what distribution you use and then follow the default options that Firefox and Package Kit offer by clicking Enter a few times (¹):
Once that succeeds, you can enable access to the nonfree repositories by clicking on one of the following files, depending on what distribution you use and then follow the default options that Firefox and Package Kit offer by clicking Enter a few times(¹):
(¹) Once you clicked on above link Firefox will ask you how to Open the file. Here you can simply use the default and open the file with the default application Package Installer. Then Firefox will call Package Kit, which asks Do you want to install this file ?. Click OK to begin install; Package Kit then will complain about a Missing security signature; once you tell Package Kit to install the package nevertheless it will move on and install it. That's all.
Command Line Setup using rpm
To enable access to both the free and the nonfree repository use the following command:
Fedora 14 to the most current:
su -c 'yum localinstall --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm'
RHEL 5 or compatible like CentOS:
su -c 'rpm -Uvh http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/el/updates/5/i386/rpmfusion-free-release-5-1.noarch.rpm ttp://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/el/updates/5/i386/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-5-1.noarch.rpm'
RHEL 6 or compatible like CentOS:
su -c 'yum localinstall --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/el/updates/6/i386/rpmfusion-free-release-6-1.noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/el/updates/6/i386/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-6-1.noarch.rpm'
All users that used Freshrpms or Livna installed properly (e.g. by installing one of their foo-release packages) got RPM Fusion free and nonfree repositories enabled automatically.